Who we are
Join us in the battle to eliminate injuries in the workplace!
Focusing on industrial and fire service safety, our cloud solutions leverage MSA’s best-in-class equipment to enable a comprehensive view of safety & compliance within these markets.
As a member of the Safety io team, you’ll work on compelling projects like:
- live monitoring of workforces in hazardous areas
- fleet management for market-leading MSA safety products
- on-scene monitoring for the global fire service
- And more...
If this sounds exciting to you, apply so we can talk!
Who are we looking for
We are looking for a motivated, knowledgeable individual to join us in our agile working environment in Berlin to eliminate workplace injuries focusing on industrial and fire services. You can help us continue to shape the future of safety technology – your code could save lives!
The candidate would work with our tech stack which currently consists of a combination of multiple AWS services, container-based and serverless components and configuration management system such as Ansible.
- Operating and improving the Safety IO cloud platform in AWS
- Driving technical development of infrastructure such as build pipelines and deployment systems
- Constantly improve our infrastructure as code approach
- Help other functions to understand business impact of infrastructure decisions
- Own metrics, processes, tooling and infrastructure to the safety IO cloud platform
- Support our Security efforts by applying SecDevOps principles
- Drive the platform to a scalable and cost-efficient solution for all products
- 3+x years hands on experience running workloads on Cloud Platforms, ideally AWS
- Experience with AWS serverless approach and / or AWS IoT service is beneficial
- A degree in computer science
- Profound experience in CI/CD pipelines
- Profound experience in configuration management systems and infrastructure as code
- Experience in monitoring of complex software as a service products
- Experience in working in agile methodologies
- Good communication skills intra and inter teams
- Experience in working in cross-functional teams
- Experience in networking
- Willing to travel up to 10% of your time to work on global projects
- Fluency in English (our office language is English)
- Experience in Agile Projects
What we offer
- A start-up like environment with the backing and security of a market leader over 100 years old
- Meaningful projects that make a difference — at Safety io, you will save lives
- Flat company hierarchy & modern agile structure with a culture that embraces diversity and individual input and knowledge sharing
- Flexible working hours and possibility of home office, mobile working
- Fantastic work / life balance
- Competitive salary
- Free BVG Travel Pass or “Jobrad” bicycle
- Opportunity to attend conferences and provided learning tools
- Contributions to language courses (e.g., German & English)
- Modern office spaces and an international team