Who we are…?
Safety io provides cloud based/IoT solutions for the live monitoring of workforces in hazardous areas; fleet management for market-leading MSA safety products; on-scene monitoring for the global fire service; and many other compelling products and services. We are an international company with offices in Germany and the USA. Our parent company, MSA is an international company, employing about 5000 people, operating all over the globe. MSA has an annual turnover in the billions!
What we are looking for
We are looking for a motivated, knowledgeable individual to join us in our agile working environment in Berlin. You can help us continue to shape the future of safety technology.
Our goal is to create the user-friendly usability of apps, websites or software. The responsibilities include the development of models and concept ideas, the development of the design and layout of the applications and ensuring their user-friendliness.
Our current tech stack consists of a combination of Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, Zeplin, XD Adobe and InVision.
- Create UX design for cloud and mobile applications for our Fixed Gas and Flame Detection products
- Develop wireframes and prototypes based on existing customer needs
- Coordinate drafts and test versions with development teams
- Analyse product specifications, competing products and industry trends
- Research and prioritize user needs
- Test concepts and beta versions and incorporate feedback
- Develop models and concept ideas
- Create creative solutions for ease of use and discoverability
- Implement appealing designs in teamwork with UI designers
- Bachelor’s degree in design, computer science, engineering or a related subject
- Master’s degree in design, computer science or related field (nice to have)
- 3+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
- Effective implementation of customer needs and market analyzes
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design
- Strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Experience with a variety of design and ptototyping tools such as Illustrator, XD Adobe or Sketch
- Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Experience designing and shipping products for mobile and desktop
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions
- Fluency in English (our office language is English)
- Experience in a Agile/scrum environment
- Ability to work in a startup environment
- Willing to travel up to 10% of your time to work on global projects
What we offer
- A start-up like environment with the backing and security of a market leader over 100 years old
- Meaningful projects that make a difference — at Safety io, you will save lives
- Flat company hierarchy & modern agile structure with a culture that embraces diversity and individual input and knowledge sharing
- Flexible working hours and possibility of home office, mobile working
- Fantastic work / life balance
- Competitive salary
- Free BVG Travel Pass or “Jobrad” bicycle
- Opportunity to attend conferences and provided learning tools
- Contributions to language courses (e.g., German)
- Modern office spaces and an international team