Data Platform Engineer
Who we are
Safety io revolutionize cloud based/IoT solutions for the live monitoring of workforces in hazardous areas; fleet management for market and industry leading MSA safety products; on-scene monitoring for the global fire service; and many other compelling products and services. Our suite of applications are used and loved by thousands and our code saves lives!
We are an international company parented by MSA with offices in Berlin, Germany; Johannesburg, South Africa; and Cranberry, USA. Our Berlin team spreads over 20 nationalities!
What we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our team. You will use various methods to transform raw data into useful data systems. You should have strong analytical skills and the ability to combine data from different sources. Your skills should include familiarity with several programming languages and knowledge of machine learning methods would be beneficial but not required.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaboratively develop a Data Lake Architecture using AWS Infrastructure
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Excellent analytic skills associated with working on structured and unstructured datasets
- Prepare data for modeling
- Conduct research and collaborate with business owners as part of solution design
- Support the deployment of analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods
- Ability to build processes that support data transformation, workload management, data structures, dependency, and metadata
- Work as a part of a small team with a goal of successful project delivery
- Participate in design, code and test plan reviews as needed and provide appropriate recommendations
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing and maintaining good practices and habits
- Work with the security and operations team to make sure processes and products are stable and secure
What you bring
- Practical experience in developing data lakes
- Broad knowledge of applicable tools, processes, and best-practices in the industry:
- Hands-on experience with ETL and ELT tools as well as data warehouses
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Has proven decision making abilities
- Shows the drive to challenge and change the status quo
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours and possibility of home office
- Great work / life balance with overtime being given back!
- 30 days vacation
- A start-up like environment with the backing and security of a market leader over 100 years old
- Meaningful projects that make a difference - at Safety io, your work will save lives!
- Flat company hierarchy & modern agile structure with a culture that embraces diversity, individual input and knowledge sharing
- Onboarding process for new hires
- Free BVG Travel Pass or "Jobrad" bicycle
- A budget to attend conferences and provided learning tools
- Contributions to language courses (e.g. German & English)
- Subsidized Urban Sports Club Membership
- Modern office spaces with discounted amenities nearby
- Free coffee, tea, soft drinks, fruit and monthly team breakfast
- Regular team and company events
Does the above sounds attractive? Do you feel you can meet the criteria even if you don’t just now? Do you want a role where you are challenged, engaged and listened to? Do you want to work with a great team? Do you want to be rewarded well for your work and contribution?
If so please get in touch, we can’t wait to meet you!
Make your mark in the future of Safety
Safety io is an equal opportunity employer.
At MSA & Safety io we have a clear mission: that men and women may work in safety and that they, their families, and their communities may live in health throughout the world. We know our mission is made possible through the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees, who may come from all walks of life.
We are committed to creating and supporting a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply for this position here
By clicking the link you will be redirected to MSA website. Safety io is a subsidiary of MSA The Safety Company.