(Mid or Senior Level)
(Mid or Senior Level)
Who we are
Safety io revolutionize cloud based/IoT solutions for the live monitoring of workforces in hazardous areas; fleet management for market and industry leading MSA safety products; on-scene monitoring for the global fire service; and many other compelling products and services. Our products are used and loved by thousands and our code saves lives!
We are an international company parented by MSA with offices in Berlin, Germany; Johannesburg, South Africa; and Cranberry, USA. Our Berlin team spreads over 16 nationalities!
Our techstack consists various parts using Angular, NodeJS, Postgres and running on AWS utilising managed services like Lambdas, ECR and Kinesis streams. We have a strong focus on automatising. We cherry pick the best parts of what we like and are always looking to improve and take advantage of the latest technology and methodologies. If you see a better way let’s use it!
What we are looking for
We are looking for a motivated, knowledgeable individual to join us in our agile working environment in Berlin to eliminate work place injuries focusing on industrial and fire services. You can help us continue to shape the future of safety technology – your code could save lives!
What you will do
- Design and implement cloud applications with your knowledge of Web/Application Development
- Improve and maintain existing processes and tools whilst introducing and contributing to new ideas, protocols and products
- Be part of the decision making and agile process working with internal and external teams
- Be an active part in project-independent efforts to improve the Safety io cloud platform
What you bring
- Experience in SaaS products
- Skills that will benefit our tech-stack
- Experience in Agile Projects
- You have an eye for detail: You’re passionate about user interaction and making beautiful UI
- Fluency in English (our office language is English)
- Commitment to quality
Nice to have:
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours and possibility of home office
- Great work / life balance with overtime being given back!
- 30 days vacation
- A start-up like environment with the backing and security of a market leader over 100 years old
- Meaningful projects that make a difference - at Safety io, your work will save lives!
- Flat company hierarchy & modern agile structure with a culture that embraces diversity, individual input and knowledge sharing
- Onboarding process for new hires
- Free BVG Travel Pass or "Jobrad" bicycle
- A budget to attend conferences and provided learning tools
- Contributions to language courses (e.g. German & English)
- Modern office spaces
- Free coffee, tea, soft drinks, fruit and monthly team breakfast
Does the above sounds attractive? Do you feel you can meet the criteria even if you don’t just now? Do you want a role where you are challenged, engaged and listened to? Do you want to work with a great team? Do you want to be rewarded well for your work and contribution?
If so please get in touch, we can’t wait to meet you!