Fullstack Software Developer
Who we are
Safety io revolutionize cloud based/IoT solutions for the live monitoring of workforces in hazardous areas; fleet management for market and industry leading MSA safety products; on-scene monitoring for the global fire service; and many other compelling products and services. Our suite of applications are used and loved by thousands and our code saves lives!
We are an international company parented by MSA with offices in Berlin, Germany; Johannesburg, South Africa; and Cranberry, USA. Our Berlin team spreads over 20 nationalities!
What we are looking for
We are looking for motivated, knowledgeable Software Developers to join us in our agile working environment in Berlin to eliminate workplace injuries (focusing on industrial and fire services) via our cloud based/IOT applications. You can help us continue to shape the future of safety technology; your code could save lives!
Roles & Responsibilities
- Developing new features whilst extending and enhancing the functionality of our suite of applications. You can be involved with as much of the software domains as you feel comfortable.
- Be advocate of our engineering culture, seeking new opportunities, spotting gaps and taking the lead on ideas and initiatives (you won’t just be put in a corner to do “tickets”)
- Being part of a cross functional team of different domain experts working closely with stake holders and users.
What you bring
- Skills that will benefit our tech-stack (you don’t need exposure to all)
- Experience in Agile projects and/or SaaS products
- Commitment to quality, an eye for detail and being able to write clean and iterative code whilst applying best practices.
- Fluency in English (our office language is English)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or comparable education/experience.
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours and possibility of home office
- Great work / life balance with overtime being given back!
- 30 days vacation
- A start-up like environment with the backing and security of a market leader over 100 years old
- Meaningful projects that make a difference - at Safety io, your work will save lives!
- Flat company hierarchy & modern agile structure with a culture that embraces diversity, individual input and knowledge sharing
- Onboarding process for new hires
- Free BVG Travel Pass or "Jobrad" bicycle
- A budget to attend conferences and provided learning tools
- Contributions to language courses (e.g. German & English)
- Subsidized Urban Sports Club Membership
- Modern office spaces with discounted amenities nearby
- Free coffee, tea, soft drinks, fruit and monthly team breakfast
- Regular team and company events
Does the above sounds attractive? Do you feel you can meet the criteria even if you don’t just now? Do you want a role where you are challenged, engaged and listened to? Do you want to work with a great team? Do you want to be rewarded well for your work and contribution?
If so please get in touch, we can’t wait to meet you!
Make your mark in the future of Safety
Safety io is an equal opportunity employer.
At MSA & Safety io we have a clear mission: that men and women may work in safety and that they, their families, and their communities may live in health throughout the world. We know our mission is made possible through the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees, who may come from all walks of life.
We are committed to creating and supporting a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply for this position here
By clicking the link you will be redirected to MSA website. Safety io is a subsidiary of MSA The Safety Company.