Who we are…?
Safety io provides cloud based/IoT solutions for the live monitoring of workforces in hazardous areas; fleet management for market-leading MSA safety products; on-scene monitoring for the global fire service; and many other compelling products and services. We are an international company with offices in Germany and the USA. Our parent company, MSA is an international company, employing about 5000 people, operating all over the globe.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a detail-oriented HR representative to join our team. You will work closely with the HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition Team, and other internal departments to support HR operational processes to achieve business objectives.
The role is responsible for delivering HR support to Safety io, including active, transactional, and employee relations HR activities.
Provide HR admin support
- Respond to HR inquiries and manage the day-to-day HR administration
- Prepare formal documentation to confirm changes to terms and conditions, promotions, salary increases, contract extensions etc.
- Support HR-related projects, e.g., Flexible working, Employer branding, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of our benefit programs and offerings and accompanying compliance requirements
- Work closely with HR Operations Manager MEER to ensure policies are up to date, adhere to legal requirements, and are fit for purpose, communicating any changes are adequate to employees.
- Provide administrative assistance for HR Operations Manager MEER
Provide HR advice
- Provide professional HR support, advice, and services to line management on employee relations issues, including discipline, grievance, performance, and absence management, meeting best practice / corporate guidelines and the requirements of local employment legislation
- Support managers to manage poor performance according to our processes and best practices.
- Provide customer-focused guidance and support to managers and their teams on people-related topics
- Stay abreast of all changes related to legislation in Germany.
Support recruiting, onboarding, and offboarding process
- Prepare and coordinate all paperwork related to new joiners, including contracts, HR files, SAP/Jira requests, etc.
- Manage the on-/offboarding process
- Responsible for getting and checking work certificate
- Conduct exit interviews
- 2 - 5 years of experience in HR with a strong HR operational background, preferably in a multinational company
- Previous experience working with employees and managers and providing HR advice on performance management, employee relations, redundancy, etc.
- Ability to recognize and carry out a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Strong organizational and communicational skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong knowledge and application in HR German legislation
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- Fluency in English
What we offer
- A start-up like environment with the backing and security of a market leader over 100 years old
- Meaningful projects that make a difference — at Safety io, you will save lives
- Flat company hierarchy & modern agile structure with a culture that embraces diversity and individual input and knowledge sharing
- Flexible working hours and possibility of home office, mobile working
- Fantastic work / life balance
- Competitive salary
- Free BVG Travel Pass or “Jobrad” bicycle
- Opportunity to attend conferences and provided learning tools
- Contributions to language courses (e.g., German)
- Modern office spaces and an international team