About the role
We are looking for a skilled and passionate Product Owner who wants to help take our product to the next level. You will work cross-functionally with designers and engineers to figure out what we shouldn’t be doing and help make decisions on what we should be doing.
- You are proactive, entrepreneurial, and creative. You can develop a vision for the part of the product you own. You know that a well-written Product Backlog does not guarantee a product's success.
- Product Discovery is something you have ideally done before. You have the know-how on discovering innovative product solutions that deliver the necessary value and usability to the target audience.
- Software development concepts are familiar to you, and you have a general understanding of the technical landscape in a XaaS work environment.
- Leadership comes naturally: you create a compelling vision, initiate conversations with your stakeholders, help your organization to focus on outcomes rather than output, and find a balance with stakeholder expectations vs. what can realistically be delivered. It’s your job to help manage this tension without causing significant friction.
- Communication is your strength: you are energized by idea exchanges with other people, and you want to contribute to our Product Owners community.
- At least 2 years of professional experience with Product Ownership and/or Product Management in a cross-functional team, or alternatively have demonstrated a clear talent and high growth potential for this role based on related or very similar assignments and opportunities.
- Strategies and tools for backlog management and stakeholder interaction
- Good understanding of agility and software development process in IoT business environment
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline or very clear professional experience and success operating as a product owner
What we offer?
- A start-up like environment with the backing and security of a market leader over 100 years old
- Meaningful projects that make a difference — at Safety io, you will save lives
- Flat company hierarchy & modern agile structure with a culture that embraces diversity and individual input and knowledge sharing
- Flexible working hours and possibility of home office, mobile working
- Fantastic work / life balance
- Competitive salary
- Free BVG Travel Pass or “Jobrad” bicycle
- Opportunity to attend conferences and provided learning tools
- Contributions to language courses (e.g., German)
- Modern office spaces and an international team