Quality Automation Engineer
Who we are…?
Safety io provides cloud based/IoT solutions for the live monitoring of workforces in hazardous areas; fleet management for market-leading MSA safety products; on-scene monitoring for the global fire service; and many other compelling products and services. We are an international company with offices in Germany and the USA. Our parent company, MSA is an international company, employing about 5000 people, operating all over the globe.
What we are looking for
We are looking for Quality Automation Engineers to join our team. In an agile and cross-functional team you will help to improve and grow the Safety io FireGrid cloud application. You will contribute to the health and safety of firefighters all around the world!
Role and Responsibilities
- Being part of a cross-functional team working on web applications for the fire service
- Create, maintain & run automated tests that enable the team to release high quality software
- Establish best practices and metrics to drive the test strategy within the team
- Building and Enhancing our test capability by preparing software packages, simulators and other test equipment
- Experience in performance testing using JMeter or similar tools
- Tool integration into a CI/CD pipeline
- ISTQB certification (Test Automation Engineer preferred) is a plus
- Experience in writing automated tests for mobile applications (iOS/Android) using Appium is a plus
- Experience in writing automated tests for web applications (experience with Cypress is a plus)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or comparable.
- Experience of API design and cloud technologies is a plus.
What we offer
- A start-up like environment with the backing and security of a market leader over 100 years old
- Meaningful projects that make a difference — at Safety io, you will save lives
- Flat company hierarchy & modern agile structure with a culture that embraces diversity and individual input and knowledge sharing
- Flexible working hours and possibility of home office, mobile working
- Fantastic work / life balance
- Competitive salary
- Free BVG Travel Pass or “Jobrad” bicycle
- Opportunity to attend conferences and provided learning tools
- Contributions to language courses (e.g., German)
- Modern office spaces and an international team