Senior Software Developer
Who we are
Safety io revolutionize cloud based/IoT solutions for the live monitoring of workforces in hazardous areas; fleet management for market and industry leading MSA safety products; on-scene monitoring for the global fire service; and many other compelling products and services. Our suite of applications are used and loved by thousands and our code saves lives!
We are an international company parented by MSA with offices in Berlin, Germany; Johannesburg, South Africa; and Cranberry, USA. Our Berlin team spreads over 20 nationalities!
- Join an Agile team of developers
- Develop multi-platform modular software components
- Build solutions for cloud-connected devices
- Bachelor’s degree or similar in Software/Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Team player
- Self-motivated & self-reliant – able to learn and stay productive remotely
- Personal time management
- Fluent in English
- Willing to work in our Johannesburg or Cape Town office
- Available for occasional international travel
- Solid Understanding of Computer Networking
- SQL Experience
- Familiar with Linux
- Programming in C, C++
- Angular frontend framework
- Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration
- Cloud & deployment technologies (AWS, Ansible, Docker)
- Knowledge of Industrial Protocols (e.g., BACnet, Modbus)
- Mobile development (Android, iOS)
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours and possibility of home office
- Great work / life balance
- 21 days of vacation
- A start-up like environment with the backing and security of a market leader over 100 years old
- Meaningful projects that make a difference - at Safety io, your work will save lives!
- A culture that embraces diversity, individual input, and knowledge sharing
- Onboarding process for new hires
- A budget to attend conferences and provide learning tools
- Free coffee, tea, soft drinks, and fruit
- Regular team and company events
Does the above sounds attractive? Do you feel you can meet the criteria even if you don’t just now? Do you want a role where you are challenged, engaged and listened to? Do you want to work with a great team? Do you want to be rewarded well for your work and contribution?
If so please get in touch, we can’t wait to meet you!
Safety io is an equal opportunity employer.
At MSA & Safety io we have a clear mission: that men and women may work in safety and that they, their families, and their communities may live in health throughout the world. We know our mission is made possible through the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees, who may come from all walks of life.
We are committed to creating and supporting a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply for this position here
By clicking the link you will be redirected to MSA website. Safety io is a subsidiary of MSA The Safety Company.