Senior Software Developer in Test (SDET)
Who we are
Safety io revolutionize cloud based/IoT solutions for the live monitoring of workforces in hazardous areas; fleet management for market and industry leading MSA safety products; on-scene monitoring for the global fire service; and many other compelling products and services. Our suite of applications are used and loved by thousands and our code saves lives!
We are an international company parented by MSA with offices in Berlin, Germany; Johannesburg, South Africa; and Cranberry, USA. Our Berlin team spreads over 20 nationalities!
What we are looking for
We are looking for a technically savvy, engaged, and inquisitive software developer with a passion for quality and continuous improvement. Your work will be diverse and technical, ranging from development of test automation, tooling, process automation and improvements.
In an agile and cross-functional team you will help to improve and grow the Safety io Industrial Grid cloud application. You can help us continue to shape the future of safety technology – your code could save lives!
- Being part of a cross-functional team working on Cloud / IOT applications for the industrial market
- Create and maintain tooling for automated tests that enable the software team to release high quality software
- Establish best practices and metrics to drive the test strategy within the team
- Building and enhancing our test capability by preparing software packages, simulators and other test equipment
- The opportunity to participate in web development tasks and increase skills in this field
What you bring
- A mindset focused on quality not just testing
- A solid background in various automation test types, including unit testing, integration testing, and functional testing
- Experience in performance testing using JMeter or similar tools
- Proficiency in integrating testing tools into a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline
- In-depth knowledge of automation tools and frameworks, with a strong emphasis on Cypress and the ability to adapt to different automation tools as needed.
- Exposure to various database platforms, with PostgreSQL being preferred
- ISTQB certification (Test Automation Engineer preferred) is a plus, but not necessary
- Experience in writing automated tests for mobile applications (iOS/Android) using Appium is a plus, but not necessary
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a plus, but not necessary
If you don’t meet all the criteria today but think you can in the future reach out to us, Safety io invest in skills and learning.
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- A modern office with flexible working hours and a hybrid work model that allows you to work at least 2 days every week from home
- Great work / life balance with overtime being given back!
- 30 days of vacation
- A start-up like environment with the backing and security of a market leader over 100 years old
- Meaningful projects that make a difference - at Safety io, your work will save lives!
- Onboarding process for new hires
- Free BVG Travel Pass or "Jobrad" bicycle
- Gym pass
- A budget to attend conferences and provide learning tools
- Contributions to language courses (e.g., German & English)
- Modern office spaces with discounted amenities nearby
- Free coffee, tea, soft drinks, fruit, and monthly team breakfast
- Regular team and company events
Does the above sounds attractive? Do you feel you can meet the criteria even if you don’t just now? Do you want a role where you are challenged, engaged and listened to? Do you want to work with a great team? Do you want to be rewarded well for your work and contribution?
If so please get in touch, we can’t wait to meet you!
Safety io is an equal opportunity employer.
At MSA & Safety io we have a clear mission: that men and women may work in safety and that they, their families, and their communities may live in health throughout the world. We know our mission is made possible through the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees, who may come from all walks of life.
We are committed to creating and supporting a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply for this position here
By clicking the link you will be redirected to MSA website. Safety io is a subsidiary of MSA The Safety Company.