Software Quality Engineer - Industrial Grid
Who we are
Safety io revolutionize cloud based/IoT solutions for the live monitoring of workforces in hazardous areas; fleet management for market and industry leading MSA safety products; on-scene monitoring for the global fire service; and many other compelling products and services. Our products are used and loved by thousands and our code saves lives!
We are an international company parented by MSA with offices in Berlin, Germany; Johannesburg, South Africa; and Cranberry, USA. Our Berlin team spreads over 20 nationalities!
What we are looking for
We are looking for Software Quality Engineers to join our team. In an agile and cross-functional team you will help to improve and grow the Safety io Industrial Grid cloud application. You can help us continue to shape the future of safety technology – your code could save lives!
Roles & Responsibilities
- Being part of a cross-functional team working on Cloud / IOT applications for the industrial market
- Create, maintain & run automated tests that enable the team to release high quality software
- Establish best practices and metrics to drive the test strategy within the team
- Building and enhancing our test capability by preparing software packages, simulators and other test equipment
- The opportunity to participate in web development tasks and increase skills in this field
Experience Senior / Mid
- Experience in performance testing using JMeter or similar tools
- Tool integration into a CI/CD pipeline
- ISTQB certification (Test Automation Engineer preferred) is a plus
- Experience in writing automated tests for mobile applications (iOS/Android) using Appium is a plus
- Experience in writing automated tests for web applications (experience with Cypress is a plus)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or comparable.
- Experience of API design and cloud technologies is a plus.
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours and possibility of home office
- Great work / life balance with overtime being given back!
- 30 days vacation
- A start-up like environment with the backing and security of a market leader over 100 years old
- Meaningful projects that make a difference - at Safety io, your work will save lives!
- Flat company hierarchy & modern agile structure with a culture that embraces diversity, individual input and knowledge sharing
- Onboarding process for new hires
- Free BVG Travel Pass or "Jobrad" bicycle
- A budget to attend conferences and provided learning tools
- Contributions to language courses (e.g. German & English)
- Modern office spaces
- Free coffee, tea, soft drinks, fruit and monthly team breakfast
Does the above sounds attractive? Do you feel you can meet the criteria even if you don’t just now? Do you want a role where you are challenged, engaged and listened to? Do you want to work with a great team? Do you want to be rewarded well for your work and contribution?
If so please get in touch, we can’t wait to meet you!
Make your mark in the future of Safety
Safety io is an equal opportunity employer.
At MSA & Safety io we have a clear mission: that men and women may work in safety and that they, their families, and their communities may live in health throughout the world. We know our mission is made possible through the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees, who may come from all walks of life.
We are committed to creating and supporting a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply for this position here
By clicking the link you will be redirected to MSA website. Safety io is a subsidiary of MSA The Safety Company.