Who we are
Safety io revolutionizes cloud based/IoT solutions for the live monitoring of workforces in hazardous areas; fleet management for market and industry leading MSA safety products; on-scene monitoring for the global fire service; and many other compelling products and services. Our products are used and loved by thousands and our code saves lives!
We are an international company parented by MSA with offices in Berlin, Germany; Johannesburg and Cape Town, South Africa; and Cranberry, USA. Our Berlin team spreads over 20 nationalities!
What We are Looking For
We are looking for a passionate individual with solid visual skills and understanding of user-centered design to join us in our agile working environment in Berlin. You can help us continue to shape the future of safety technology.
You would work, within a multi-disciplinary team, on existing projects that aim to improve workplace safety and incident awareness for industrial settings.
In addition, you would join our growing UX Design chapter, which focuses on standardizing and improving user experiences across our products and developing design best practices within Safety io.
Furthermore, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with Industrial Designers, Packaging Designers, Software Developers, and Engineers, fostering a cohesive and exceptional user experience across various projects.
Location & Department
- Safety io Berlin, Adlershof
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design cloud-based web/mobile applications with your knowledge of UX and UI Design
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of our users and their needs
- Use quantitative data and user feedback to discover problems and inform product solutions
- Articulate ideas, trade-offs, and facilitate design discussions with your teams
- Partner with engineers in your team to see designs implemented to fruition
- Be part of the decision making and agile process working with internal and external teams
- Collaborate with your fellow designers to evolve and support our design systems
- Participate in project-independent efforts to improve Safety io design best practices
- Collaborate with Industrial Designers, Packaging Designer, Software Developers and Engineers to create a cohesive user experience
- Drive the advancement of UX maturity by fostering seamless collaboration within our expanding design team
What you bring
- 2-3 years of professional experience as a UX/UI designer
- An updated portfolio that showcases your work, including digital work with a strong UX focus.
- Previous experience working independently or semi-independently with teams
- An eye for detail: bring your passion for seamless user interaction and beautiful UI
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of user-centered design methods & user research
- Facilitation and cross-functional collaboration skills that help you thrive in multi-disciplinary teams
- Previous experience working with design systems
- Basic understanding of web accessibility guidelines
- Proficiency using Figma, Atlassian Jira, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Fluency in English (our office language is English)
Nice to have
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience designing user experiences for complex software products
- Basic knowledge of Protopie or similar prototyping tools
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours and possibility of home office
- Great work / life balance with overtime being given back!
- 30 days of vacation
- A start-up like environment with the backing and security of a market leader over 100 years old
- Meaningful projects that make a difference - at Safety io, your work will save lives!
- Onboarding process for new hires
- Free BVG Travel Pass or "Jobrad" bicycle
- Gym pass
- A budget to attend conferences and provide learning tools
- Contributions to language courses (e.g., German & English)
- Modern office spaces with discounted amenities nearby
- Free coffee, tea, soft drinks, fruit, and monthly team breakfast
- Regular team and company events
Does the above sound attractive? Do you feel you can meet the criteria even if you don’t just now? Do you want a role where you are challenged, engaged, and listened to? Do you want to work with a great team? Do you want to be rewarded well for your work and contribution?
If so, please get in touch, we can’t wait to meet you!
Make your mark in the future of Safety
Safety io is an equal opportunity employer.
At MSA & Safety io we have a clear mission: that men and women may work in safety and that they, their families, and their communities may live in health throughout the world. We know our mission is made possible through the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees, who may come from all walks of life.
We are committed to creating and supporting a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply for this position here
By clicking the link you will be redirected to MSA website. Safety io is a subsidiary of MSA The Safety Company.