Senior Software Developer
Who we are
Safety io revolutionize cloud based/IoT solutions for the live monitoring of workforces in hazardous areas; fleet management for market and industry leading MSA safety products; on-scene monitoring for the global fire service; and many other compelling products and services. Our suite of applications are used and loved by thousands and our code saves lives!
We are an international company parented by MSA with offices in Berlin, Germany; Johannesburg, South Africa; and Cranberry, USA. Our Berlin team spreads over 20 nationalities!
What we are looking for
We are looking for motivated, knowledgeable Senior Software Developers (Backend Focus) to join us in our agile working environment in Berlin to eliminate workplace injuries (focusing on industrial and fire services) via our cloud based/IOT applications. You can help us continue to shape the future of safety technology; your code could save lives!
Our techstack consists of various parts using NodeJS, Postgres and leverages AWS utilizing managed services such as Lambdas, IoT, Fargate and more. We have a strong focus on automation. We select what is best for the task and are always looking to improve and take advantage of the latest technology and methodologies. If you see a better way let's use it!
Roles & Responsibilities
- Being part of a cross functional team of different domain experts working closely with users
- Develop, deploy and operate cloud-based services for the Safety io
- Use continuous delivery practices to improve software delivery speed and quality
- Write clean and iterative code while applying best practices
- Be advocate of our engineering culture, seeking new opportunities, spotting gaps and taking the lead on ideas and initiatives (you won’t just be put in a corner to do “tickets”)
What you bring
- Experience of API design and cloud technologies
- Experience in Agile projects and/or SaaS products
- Fluency in English (our office language is English)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or comparable education/experience
- At least 5 years of professional software development experience
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- A modern office with flexible working hours and a hybrid work model that allows you to work at least 2 days every week from home
- Great work / life balance with overtime being given back!
- 30 days of vacation
- A start-up like environment with the backing and security of a market leader over 100 years old
- Meaningful projects that make a difference - at Safety io, your work will save lives!
- Onboarding process for new hires
- Free BVG Travel Pass or "Jobrad" bicycle
- Gym pass
- A budget to attend conferences and provide learning tools
- Contributions to language courses (e.g., German & English)
- Modern office spaces with discounted amenities nearby
- Free coffee, tea, soft drinks, fruit, and monthly team breakfast
- Regular team and company events
Does the above sounds attractive? Do you feel you can meet the criteria even if you don’t just now? Do you want a role where you are challenged, engaged and listened to? Do you want to work with a great team? Do you want to be rewarded well for your work and contribution?
If so please get in touch, we can’t wait to meet you!
Safety io is an equal opportunity employer.
At MSA & Safety io we have a clear mission: that men and women may work in safety and that they, their families, and their communities may live in health throughout the world. We know our mission is made possible through the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees, who may come from all walks of life.
We are committed to creating and supporting a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply for this position here
By clicking the link you will be redirected to MSA website. Safety io is a subsidiary of MSA The Safety Company.