Portable gas detectors help firefighters identify hazardous gases and oxygen deficiency, but with fire stations and equipment spread out across the city, there was no high-level visibility on critical fleet maintenance and compliance information.
The Fredericton Fire Department wanted to...
- Improve detector compliance and accountability, ensuring detectors were tested prior to use.
- Proactively manage detector health and availability by increasing visibility on fleet status and inventory.
The City of Fredericton Fire Services adopted MSA Grid Fleet Manager so they could monitor all the maintenance and compliance aspects of their detection program, including detector use, bump and calibration tests and sensor life warnings.
With the Grid Fleet Manager, the department has complete visibility and can…
- Be aware off and act on maintenance concerns proactively, including:
- Sensor life warnings
- Calibration gas availability
- Easily control which stations had which detectors for accountability purposes.
- Make sure detectors are compliant and are being tested as specified.