To support that mission, Asheville Water saw an opportunity to use department data to simplify time-consuming, tedious tasks so it could focus its efforts on more meaningful organizational goals. As they examined their processes and equipment, their gas detection program emerged as an ideal candidate for optimization.
Asheville Water wanted to:
- Reduce time spent gathering, consolidating, analyzing and reporting on data from multiple detectors, calibration banks and locations.
- Improve gas detection accountability and ownership by workers.
- Increase detector uptime and reliability.
Asheville Water adopted Safety io Grid Fleet Manager service so they could:
- Consolidate all detector information in one place that the team could access – from anywhere with an Internet connection.
- Manage important aspects of their gas detection program, including detector use, compliance and maintenance, quickly and directly.
- Provide accurate, relevant and timely information to different stakeholders across the organization.
With a gas detection program supported by the Grid Fleet Manager service, Asheville Water...
- Reduced the time they spent managing detectors by 60%!
- Used those time savings to focus on a critical ISO certification.
- Simplified detector accountability and reporting.