To guarantee gas safety in the shipyards, Trident Seafoods works with the MSA ALTAIRÒ detectors and GALAXYÒ GX2 test stands. Both safety teams and workers trust MSA detectors to keep them safe, though, maintaining and keeping compliance across a large of fleet of portables was challenging.
“Almost every working location in a shipyard has some sort of restrictions where we need to be able to monitor air quality. Whether that space is a confined space, potential hot work area or an area being painted, we need a trustworthy gas detection solution.”
Jake Severyns - Vessel Safety Manager at Trident Seafoods
Our customer wanted to...
- Have full visibility on gas readings, alarms, and gas exposures.
- Be aware of maintenance concerns from detectors and test stands.
- Monitor if calibration test systems are fully operational.
- Move away from pen and paper record-keeping system.
Trident Seafoods implemented the Grid Fleet Manager service, so they could manage all aspects of their gas detection program at any time with very little effort and from anywhere with an internet connection.
The Grid Fleet Manager service provided Trident Seafoods with a solid basis to realize gas safety and operations improvements:
- Proactively address maintenance concerns, saving time and increasing detector uptime
- Simplify compliance by automating the record-keeping system.
- Increased safety awareness by having full visibility on alarms.
- Peace of mind that calibration stands and detectors were fully operational.